Plugins & Some Tests: Positioning CITEC Website Part 2

Now after my initial analysis, my goal will be to make citec's website one of the first three sites shown when someone searches for "citec" on google.

And I'll try to do it first, just improving the website's homepage. Also, leaving those contents that have nothing to do with the website.

Installed plugins:

- Google XML Sitemaps
- Broken Link Checker
- All in One SEO Pack

Plugins to be installed:

- W3 Total Cache: Improves site speed, cache (need to check)
- WP Smush.it: Also improves site speed. Reduce image file sizes
- Jetpack por WordPress.com: Analytics

Those plugins can make a lot easier the task of performing SEO. I was doing some tests, and here I show the tests performed.

1. Reindexing using a Sitemap

As we know, we create a sitemap and submit it to "Google Webmaster Tools" to make Google crawl the website again. The plugin "Google XML Sitemaps" just creates a sitemap.


This sitemap.xml must be submitted to Google Webmaster Tools.

2. Checking Broken Links

The plugin "Broken Link Checker" is supposed to show all broken links on the website, but it only shows one.


Then it was fixed. However, I found more using Xenu.


Most of them belong to those automatically-generated content.

3. SEO

Page "Proceso de Admision"


Page "Inscripciones"


Page "Becas Concytec"


TO DO

  • Compare (roughly) how the SEO configuration has affected the positioning.
  • Submit the sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools (I may not do this).
  • Fix/Remove broken links (I may won't do this).